Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 4

The one with the blue front door! Yep, I found it!! I found my new place. I truly had a feeling about this one. Ever since mom and I walked past it the day before I just knew it was going to be my new home.

After going into work for a couple of hours we met the housing agent to see two properties. We liked the first one so much that we didn't even bother looking at the second one. This flat is the biggest flat we have seen so far and it is in the lower end of my price range. It has the cutest little kitchen, dining area, living room and two bedrooms. The master bedroom has this wonderful bay window overlooking the street. My flat is on the second floor so my window should be very safe. It is also great because it lets in a lot of natural light.

The second bedroom is a bit small but it will be perfect for visitors. The flat is partly furnished so I will have to by a couch and a wardrobe for my bedroom. Most of the British flats I have been looking at don't have closets so a wardrobe is a must.

After we decided that this was 'the one' we went straight to the letting agents office and signed the paperwork. It is pretty pricey to rent here. The deposit it a lot higher here than in Mississippi! I guess that is to be expected. The letting agent was very surprised that I wanted to move in so quickly but he is working to get me in by Friday. I was so happy that he was able to pull some strings and get the paperwork done.

It has really been a big help the I am working for the Council. Once everyone sees my letter of employment they move pretty quickly. I can't imagine what it must be like to move to another country without a job. It must be really hard because I have had to have my proof of employment for everything!! There is no way I would have been able to get a bank account, phone or place to live. Anyway, I am blessed to have such wonderful people helping me.

Once we signed the housing application we went over to IKEA! This time mom and I had a plan! We went through the whole store writing down things I need. We noted the price and color we thought we wanted. We only bought three things so I am sure we will go back on Friday to get more. The night ended with pasta and some down time...

Until another busy day,
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment