Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 2

What a busy day! Day 2 was full of meeting new people and figuring things out. Melissa (my co-worker) picked us up and took us to my new office! It was so nice to meet everyone and see where I would be working. It is a nice place and I think I am really going to like it. Everyone on my team (blue team) puts in money each month for tea! I already paid for next month and I see a lot of tea in my future!

After we took a tour of the office I met up with the man who recruited me and we went to the bank! It took me about 45 minutes to set up my bank account. I was really lucky that it didn't take longer. I was also lucky that I got a bank account with no fees!!! Most of the other Americans had to get the account with several fees each month. It is really hard to get a bank account in another country.. actually it is hard to do almost everything since we don't have credit over here!


Other things I did on day 2 included getting a phone plan and looking at a place to live. Getting a phone set up took a lot longer than getting a bank account set up. I still don't have my phone up and working. The flat I went to view was way too small. It was not what I was looking for and it was at the higher end of my budget. I would not have been able to have guests if I would have rented that place.

The night ended after a lovely dinner and viewing my first property in the UK. I have to thank Melissa for setting up my first flat viewing! I could not have done it without her.

This is a picture of my lunch. It is a jacket potato with tuna.

Until next time,
XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment