Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 3

Mom and I have had a hard time with jet lag. It is really hard to get up in the morning after having such a hard time sleeping at night. On day 3 I my mom and I went by the office again. We met more people and went to the Council building in the city centre to get my ID badge.


The Council building is very historical and has a wonderful history. We got the grand tour where Queen Mary of Scots was held during her conflict with her sister (Queen Elizabeth I). All of the little rooms are so pretty and have so much detail in the woodwork. There is also a very pretty banquet hall where people get married. It has a wall size rug hanging that is about 700 years old. It is amazing the artifacts that still remains in Coventry.

Here is a picture of Mom and me in the ruins of the Cathedral that was bombed by the Germans.




Coventry is also where Lady Godiva rode naked through the streets to protest the taxes in the town. Every hour on the hour "Lady Godiva" comes out on her horse. Here is a picture of her on the clock tower.



During the course of the day Mom and I went and looked at two other flats. Both of the flats were again, too small. The second flat mom and I actually walked to. I was very proud of us for finding it. We just had an address and a general direction. I think we walked the long way but along the walk we saw several other flats for let. The long walk helped us figure out where everything was and gather more information about other flats. I am so glad we decided to make that walk although, it was tiring. I am just glad the weather has been nice!

We ended the night with dinner at a local pub which was really good. I got the Tuesday special which was Salmon, baked potato, salad and a drink for 5.99 pounds! Not bad for dinner... I'll be going back.

Good night!
XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment