Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Men's Shirt made into a SKIRT


Step 1
Lay Shirt on a flat surface

Step 2
Cut off the top and sides of the shirt like the above picture

Step 3
Cut the bottom 2 1/2 inches off the bottom of the shirt

Step 4
Pin the sides together and try it on. If the skirt is to small (like it was on me) cut panels out of the sleeves and sew them into the sides. The sleeves panels that I used were both 2 1/2 inches wide

Step 5
Sew the panels in the skirt and sew the sides together

Step 6
Fold the top of the skirt over making a one inch seam. This seam should make a tunnel which you will then put the elastic into. [Keep a small opening to insert the elastic]

Step 7
Insert the elastic [I didn't have sewing elastic so I used 1 1/2 elastic sport headbands] If you are to use the elastic headbands then make sure you cut the metal part off to ensure your skirt is comfortable.
Note: watching youtube videos are helpful in learning how to make the tunnel

Step 8
Sew the two ends of the elastic together and sew up the opening.

Step 9
Iron and Enjoy!

I did this project in two-3 hours. I looked at several pictures from Pinterest and just started cutting and sewing. I hope these directions help!

Happy Crafting xx


No comments:

Post a Comment