Saturday, January 7, 2012

All Wrapped up

Over Christmas I got a little crafty in other ways other than sewing. I decided that this Christmas was to be the year of brown. I found some wonderful brown paper from Ikea and got crafty. I started just using the brown paper with twine but that simply wasn't enough. I then added paper doilies, stamps and cut out Christmas trees. This was really easy and fun and made each gift special inside and out.


I am already looking forward to next Christmas so I can wrap more gifts!

More projects over Christmas included making pillows! Below is a picture of one of the pillows I made to match the Christmas ornaments I made previously.


Step-By-Step Directions
1. Choose a pillow (the one above was about 1.00 from Ikea)
2. Cut out a shapes or the desired design
3. Pin the design on the pillow
4. Hand stitch the design on the pillow

Note: You can always use buttons or other things to embellish the designs. I used white buttons to add to the top of my trees!

My First Christmas in England ended up being amazing. I missed all my Christmas decorations I left in the States however, I got crafty and made most of my ornaments, pillows and Christmas bunting. My tree was donated from ilovefreegle.org - so it just goes to show you that you don't have to spend a lot on decorating your house feel like Christmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope 2012 brings more crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment